As a marketer, you will soon or later get to the point where you would want to know estimated traffic of the particular site. Whether it is your competitor, somebody that you would want to cooperate with, or website where you would like to buy advertising space.
The Miner Alexa Rank can partly answer the question above. This Miner gets information about the Alexa Rank for the individual domains and estimates their monthly and daily traffic.
Of course, these are not exact numbers. However, you will not get them in any way unless you have access to an analytic account for that specific domain. But estimated numbers can still help you as a benchmark so you can compare individual pages with each other.
You can use this Miner for example:
- When working on competitors analysis. You can estimate which of your competitors is getting worse or better traffic than you are.
- When doing link prospecting. You can find out the popularity of websites that can also be defined by domain traffic.
- When working on any marketing campaign. If you’re looking for an influencer site where you can place a native ad or which can help you with your new campaign, you need to know which domains are visited the most.
Get started by clicking on Create report button and specifying Domains at the input. Then write or copy the dataset of the domains for which you need to find out Alexa Rank and the estimated web traffic.
But be careful because this Miner only works for domains (example.com). In the case of a subdomain (blog.example.com), you will not get the data you need.
If you have all domains in one document, you don’t have to copy them, but you can easily import the entire file with the list. To do this, click on the Insert Files section in the left sidebar.
For a report to be easily identifiable, it is good to name it. Simply click into Your Report Name field.
Then click on the flag to select the country for which you want to get the data and finish by clicking on Next Step.
Selection of the Miner
In the Website Analysis section, click on Miner Alexa Rank. Nothing else needs to be set. Click on Get Data to start processing your inputs.
- Input: The domain, that you entered at the input.
- Alexa Rank: Alexa Rank of the entered domain. This number theoretically determines the order of the domain in the list of the most visited pages in the world. So if Alexa Rank is 4000, it is the four-hundredth most visited site in the world. The lower the number of Alexa Rank, the higher the traffic.
- Monthly traffic estimation: Monthly traffic estimation according to Alexa Rank.
- Daily traffic estimation: Daily traffic estimation according to Alexa Rank.
If you had a subdomain entered within your input list, you would see Subdomain in the Alexa Rank column, and you will see -1 in the next two columns. You can just ignore these data for now.
Other than that, you can work with the output as needed. The best way to do this is to download the report as a spreadsheet in Excel and sort the domain by either Alex Rank or the estimated traffic.
However, as mentioned above, the final numbers are not accurate, and you shouldn’t rely on them for 100%. In addition to estimated traffic, there are many other factors in which you can evaluate the site. You can, for example, check out its social signals or see the number of referring domains, which you can find out with Miners like Ahrefs, Majestic or Open Site Explorer.