Ahrefs is an important tool not only for link builders or content marketers but also for all digital marketers. It will help you to get valuable information when analyzing the competition or the market. This information should help you increase your organic traffic.
The tool has many useful and handy features that you can use right in its interface. However, you can also use Ahrefs miner, which is linked to the tool, to get information about the number of links, referral domains, and sites.
To use this Miner, you need to have one of the Ahrefs subscription plans. There are 4 plans with certain URL limits for the month. Marketing Miner takes these limits into consideration as well. This means that once you have a limit of 5,000 URL per month and you will use these URLs in Marketing Miner, you can’t use it in Ahrefs anymore.
How to use Ahrefs miner
The main advantage of using Miner Ahrefs over data export directly from Ahrefs is mostly a combination with other tools when analyzing multiple URLs or domains in bulk.
This bulk feature will help you mostly with:
- Working on link building. If you have a list of sites you would like to target, you must first evaluate the quality of these sites and prioritize them. Learn more about working with a referral portfolio for link prospecting.
- Analyzing your competitors. If you have a list of competing sites and want to take a quick look at their link portfolio.
- Analyzing your own website. If you want to find out what kind of content on your site attracts the most links.
To analyze your Ahrefs data in bulk, log in to Marketing miner and click the Create report button. Select Ahrefs, connect your account and choose which country you want to get data for.
In the next step, enter your list of URLs or domains you want to analyze in bulk. There are several ways to do this. You can either enter the list manually, upload it from a file, or import your data from Google Sheets. We recommend exporting your data from Ahrefs in CSV format and uploading the file to Marketing Miner.
Before you generate your keyword report, don’t forget to give it a name and add tags to keep your reports organized and easily accessible for future use.
Now, click on Import data to see how many data rows you have to analyze and check your data before processing. In the menu on the right, you will also be able to see how many credits this report will cost you. Then, click on Analyze data to finish the report. When the report is ready, we will notify you by email.
Ahrefs report example
- Referring domains: Number of domains that refer to a specific domain or URL.
- Backlinks: Number of backlinks referring to a specific domain or URL.
- Referring pages: Number of pages that refer to a specific domain or URL.
Data from the Ahrefs miner can help you evaluate specific sites and domains you’re considering targeting, or you can evaluate your competitors or the content on your site.
- Focus on the URLs with the highest number of referring domains. This page type obviously attracts backlinks the most.
- Be careful if many links are referring to your site, but from a low number of referring domains. Make sure your link is not located somewhere where it could hurt your page (for example in the footer of the site).
- If you need to evaluate the quality of the website, you can check out CitationFlow or TrustFlow. But the high number does not have to mean anything yet. Look also at the site directly and see whether you feel good about it as the user as well. The metrics from these tools are not always 100% reliable and should help you to make a picture of the site. The final decision lies in your hands.