Do you need to find which domains compete with your website in the organic search and how many overlapping keywords you have? The section Competing domains in the Website Profiler will help you with this.
In our case, we would like to find domains that compete with our website in the organic search. So we enter our domain (e.g. ceneo.pl) into the Website Profiler’s input and choose the Domain + Subdomains.
After clicking the Get Data button, the section competing domains shows us detailed information about the competing domains we compete with in the organic search results.
Competing domains table
After profiling, the competing domains section will show you a table with the following columns:
- Domain – The domain you compete with in the organic search results.
- Shared Keywords – This column displays the number of keywords covered by you and your competitors sorted by the highest amount.
- Competition level – It is a percentage value representing the percentage of keywords that are the same as your competitor has, out of all the keywords on which your subpage (the one you’re analyzing) appears. This information will help you find who competes with you the most in your area.
Above the table on the right side is the Filters button, which filtrates the results according to the following columns:
- Shared Keywords (less than, more than, the value between)
- Competition Level (less than, more than, the value between)
Exporting competing domains
The entire list of competing domains, including the shared keywords and competition level, you can download in Excel form by clicking the Export Data button.
Example of Competing domains section
How to work with Competing domains data
Collected data from the Competing domains section is a valuable source for:
- Competitor analysis – Find which domain is your biggest competitor in the organic search results and the competition level of shared keywords.
- Link Opportunities Identification – This section helps you find the competitors and thematic URLs that cover similar keywords to yours, from which it’s meaningful to get backlinks.
We encourage you to perform this Competing domains analysis regularly to find out which of your competitors has started working more on SEO and how the competition level with your landing page is increasing.