Apart from regular rank tracking in search engines you should also regularly check changes on the web which can affect your search engine traffic and prevent problems.
Creating a project
If you want to start using Alerting you need to create a project first. In case you haven’t created a project yet you may do so by clicking the button below:
How to set up Alerting
Once you have the project created, you can go to the Alerting section in the menu on the left, where you first need to enter the URLs you want to check for changes. So go to the Settings of checked URL button where you will insert URLs.
Once you have inserted URLs, you can Activate what you want to check on those URLs. You can select to check the following things:
- Track changes in robots.txt
- Status codes check
- Check title changes
- Check header tag (H1) changes
- Check canonical tag changes
- Check robots meta tag changes
- Check AMP status changes
- Check structured data changes
By clicking you can activate the control you are interested in. Marketing Miner will then check them daily and as soon as it detects a change you’ll receive a notification to your notification email.
Use in practice
- Want to discover what changes your competitor is making? Simply enter your competitor’s URL into Alerting and MM will check their site for changes and notify you by email as soon as it discovers one.
- You will make use of Alerting especially when working on a project with more people and you want to stay informed about changes on the web. This way you will avoid time-consuming manual checking of web elements.
- Changes in robots.txt may have fatal consequences on web indexation and that’s why it’s very important to check any changes in this file and make sure they are correct.