Apart from rank tracking, you should also regularly check changes on the web that can affect your organic search traffic and prevent problems.
Creating a project
To start using Alerts, you must first create a new project. You can use the button below if you haven’t created one yet.
How to set up Alerts
Once you have created the project, you can go to the Alerts section in the left vertical navigation bar in your Project section. First, navigate to the Alerts settings to enter URLs you would like to monitor and be notified of any changes.
Once you have inserted URLs, you can enable different alerts to be monitored. You can choose from the following alerts:
- Track changes in robots.txt
- Status code check
- Check title changes
- Check header tag (H1) changes
- Check canonical tag changes
- Check robots meta tag changes
- Check AMP status changes
- Check structured data changes
By clicking the button you can activate the alert you are interested in. Marketing Miner will then check your URLs on a daily basis and as soon as it detects a change, you’ll receive a notification in your email inbox.
Using Alerts in Marketing Miner
- Want to know what changes your competitor is making? Simply enter your competitor’s URL into Alerting and MM will check their site for changes and notify you by email as soon as it detects a change.
- You will use Alerts especially if you are working on a project with several people and want to stay informed about changes on the web. You can avoid time-consuming manual checking of web elements.
- Changes in robots.txt can have fatal consequences for web indexation, so it’s very important to check any changes in this file and make sure they are correct.