Apart from regular rank tracking in search engines you should also regularly check changes on the web which can affect your search engine traffic and prevent problems.
Creating a project
If you want to start using Alerting you need to create a project first. In case you haven’t created a project yet you may do so by clicking the button below:
In the Alerting section you can select to check the following things:
- Check robots.txt – if there’s a change, MM will automatically notify you via email that there was a change in the robots.txt file
- Daily control of indexability of random URLs in sitemap – MM will crawl URLs daily and as soon as there’s a URL that isn’t indexable you’ll be notified via email
- Page load speed check and changes in comparison to the norm – in case the load speed of checked URLs changes by more than 30% you’ll be notified
- Check of status codes of landing pages
- Malware detection on domain
By clicking you can activate the control you are interested in. Marketing Miner will then check them daily – each morning and as soon as it detects a change you’ll receive a notification to your notification email.
Use in practice
- You will make use of Alerting especially when working on a project with more people and you want to stay informed about changes on the web. This way you will avoid time-consuming manual checking of web elements.
- Changes in robots.txt may have fatal consequences on web indexation and that’s why it’s very important to check any changes in this file and make sure they are correct.