Link prospecting is the process of identifying and evaluating potential websites that could link to a target website. It is a key component of link building and involves research, analysis, and outreach.
The goal is to find high-quality and relevant sources that can help improve the target website’s search engine rankings and overall online visibility.
Getting links through link prospecting can take time, as it often requires relationship building and convincing website owners to link to the target website. But the potential benefits of gaining high-quality, relevant backlinks make the process worth the effort to improve rankings and online authority.
This is what it might look like in practice: Imagine you’re searching for fashion sites. You might do a search for “fashion bloggers” or “fashion magazines” and then have a closer look at the top search results. If the website looks interesting, you might copy it and save it somewhere.
But that sounds like a lot of work, doesn’t it? Marketing Miner can do all this for you automatically, saving you tons of time. You just need to know what keywords you want to search for, and our Link Prospecting tool will crawl the first 60 search results for each of your specific keywords, and then show you all the results together in one report.
How can Link Prospecting help your SEO efforts?
What Link Prospecting tool can exactly help you with?
- Discover top-ranking pages. All you need is a list of keywords to get a list of pages that perform best for them on Google to start building new partnerships and attract more backlinks.
- Find relevant industry blogs and identify business directories in your niche.
- Competitor analysis. Find out who often competes with you in organic search results.
- Outreach. Discover authors who are likely to cover your story or content.
- New content ideas. Find top-performing posts for creating great content.
- Reviews. Look for people who review products or services in your niche.
All in all, you can use Link Prospecting miner in more ways. Not only for link building activities. It can replace all search activities that you would normally have to do manually in the search engine.
It also works just like a search engine. Even when you search with info operators like “site:”, “intitle:”, “inurl:” and so on.
How to use Link Prospecting tool
To find your link building prospects in bulk, click the Create report button, select Link Prospecting tool and a country from the list of available options.
Get started by clicking on Create report button and specifying Keywords at the input. Then write or copy the dataset of the keywords for which you want to get domains that are showing in the search results for this keyword.
We recommend that you have a pre-defined set of keywords that are relevant to you. You will only need a few keywords (about 5-10). With more keywords, you would have to go through thousands of sites, which would be even more time-consuming.
There are several ways how to enter your keywords. You can either enter the list manually, upload it from a file or Google Sheets.
Before you generate your link prospecting list, don’t forget to give it a name and add tags to keep your reports organized and easily accessible for future use.
Now click on Import data to find your link building prospects in bulk.
Link Prospecting report example
- Landing page: The URL that appears in the search results.
- Influence score: A metric that reflects how visible a specific URL is in search results for that keyword. The higher the ranking, the higher the score.
- Number of occurrences: The number of times the URL appears in search results. For example: If the URL appeared for all 5 keywords you entered, the number 5 will appear in this column.
- Domain: The domain of the given URL.
- Keyword: The keyword for which the URL was found.
- 1-10. position: ow many times the URL appears in the top 10 search results
- 11-30. position: How many times the URL ranked in positions 11-30.
- 31-60. position: How many times the URL ranked for 31-60th position.
There are so many things you can do with your new link prospecting list. These 4 points summarize the following work with the report:
- Exclude irrelevant domains and URLs.
- Focus on domains with a higher number of occurrences.
- Find contact details and other SEO data to explore relevant domains.
- Prioritize to start with your outreach.
You can also read this useful guide and learn how to look for new backlink opportunities in Marketing Miner to improve your link building strategy.