Want to find out what subdomains bring the most traffic to your website? Take a look at Website profile and our Top subdomains section.
What you can analyze with Website Profilers?
There are currently four options for Website profiler’s input data:
- URL – to insert the URL of a page you want to get information about (for example: https://www.marketingminer.com/en/blog)
- Prefix – by adding the URL prefix (for example: https://www.marketingminer.com/en/blog), you will get information about all subpages that are connected to this URL (https://www.marketingminer.com/en/blog/wordpress-plugin-v-1-0-launched.html)
- Domain – in this case, you want to insert domain or subdomain (for example: www.ceneo.pl) to get all information about the particular domain or subdomain.
- Domain + subdomain – if you add a link to your domain (for example: ceneo.pl), then you will collect information about the whole website and all its subdomains (so for example the data for: ekspert.ceneo.pl too).
If you want to collect detailed information about popular subdomains that the domain shows up for in the search results, just simply enter the domain name (for example amazon.com) and select Domain + subdomains option.
After you click on the Get data button, you should see all Top subdomains data to know what keywords your domain shows up for in Google’s search results.
Top subdomains table
After collecting data, you should see a table with the following information:
- Subdomain – a list of subdomains that bring traffic to your domain.
- Estimated traffic – estimated subdomain’s monthly visits together with traffic change stats (compared to results from the previous period).
- Total keyword search volume – how many times a keyword is searched per month on average.
- Keywords count – for how many keywords your subdomain has appeared in search. Clicking on this information will take you to the Search visibility section to see a table containing all keywords that your subdomain is ranking for.
- Average position – the average position of your subdomain in the search results for the given keyword with position change data (compared to results from the previous period).
- Top keyword – top-performing keyword for your subdomain that brings the highest monthly (estimated) traffic.
In the top right corner, you can set up filters for keywords by a variety of indicators:
- Estimated traffic (more than, less than, between)
- Total search volume (more than, less than, between)
- Keywords count (more than, less than, between)
- Average keyword position (more than, less than, between)
You can download all keywords, that the subdomain ranks for, by clicking on the Export suggestions to work with them further in the Excel spreadsheet. The report charges 5 credits per subdomain to download.
What data can Website profilers provide?
The Website profiler uses an internal Marketing Miner database that gathers information from the click-stream data (third party data about user behavior) and Google search results of frequent queries.
Example of Top subdomains section
How to work with collected data
Your collected Top subdomains data is a valuable source for:
- Competitor research – find out which competitor’s subdomains are bringing the highest website traffic.
- Content audit – discover what subdomains bring the highest website traffic and what keywords are the most important. Remember, you can also do this research for any competitor’s website to be one step ahead!