Marketing Miner can track and monitor mentions for your brand or for a specific keyword based on the data available across web pages. (Note: At this time, it can not yet detect mentions from social media.)
To start using mentions monitoring, you need to first clarify what you want to keep track of and why it is important for you. In general, you can monitor mentions from three different categories:
- Mentions about your brand.
- Mentions about your competition.
- Mentions of the keywords that are relevant to your business.
Why is it important to track these mentions on the Internet?
Mentions about your brand:
- Mentions monitoring is one of the popular (passive) link building activities. If someone wrote about you but did not link to your site, you can reach out to them and ask for a link.
- If someone has written about you positively, you can share the article or review on your own social networks or in the newsletter.
- If you find that someone has a negative experience with your company and you did not know about, you can discover and deal with it immediately just because you are monitoring your mentions.
- Generally, you can use the monitoring to get valuable feedback.
- You can also find out about the impact of your marketing campaigns. If the number of mentions increases during one of these campaigns, you can tell if the campaign was successful or vice versa.
Mentions about your competition:
- Use in link building. Has anyone mentioned your competition in their article? If so, you can reach out to them and try to get mention and link for yourself as well.
- You can discover the feedback that your competitors receive, which might be great source of inspiration for your own company.
Mentions of the keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Use in link building. For example, if you wrote an article on how to choose an office chair, you can track the references to the relevant keywords for this article. You can then ask for a link to your content.
- It is important to have a view about what’s going on in your industry and stay on track. Mentions monitoring will help you to discover new trends, find feedback for different products, or come up with ideas for a new article.
- With related keywords, you can discover new relevant websites that might be interesting for any kind of cooperation with your business.
Create a new project
To be able to monitor your brand, competition, and keywords, you need to start by creating a new project. In case you haven’t created a project yet you may do so by clicking the button below.
Section of mentions monitoring
Once you’ve created your project, you’ll see your dashboard, where you’ll find a section Monitoring of mentions.
You don’t see anything in the report yet, so you need to first add the mentions you want to monitor.
From this moment on Marketing Miner will start getting mentions of the given backlink.
You can view details on individual mentions on the mentions monitoring dashboard. The advantage is that you can find all mentions at one place and you can work with them as you need. It’s not just a one-time monitoring setting and backward searching in emails.
Marketing Miner will also show you when the mention was seen for the first time on the given domain or URL. This allows you to see, for example, mentions from that period and analyze what content first mentioned your brand on that site.
You can also browse mentions according to phrases.
You can receive notifications about mentions via email. You can find settings in the right part of projects by clicking on the Monitoring setting button.
In the monitoring setting section you can:
- Add new queries to monitor
- Set mentions notification via email
- Remove a domain from monitoring outputs – In case you don’t want to include a specific domain in the report you can simply exclude it from the list. These can be domains where you already know that your keyword will be mentioned frequently, but it’s not that interesting for you. You’ll stop receiving mentions from a domain (including subdomains) by excluding domains from monitoring.
If you have not gone into your own project and mention monitoring setup yet, you can look at what the monitoring in Marketing Miner looks like.