Miner SERP competition portrays a metric that helps you estimate (based on available data) how competitive is a keyword in the organic search.
SERP competition score ranges are from 0 (almost no competition) to 100 (ultra competitive). In general, the higher number means that it is more complicated to rank for the first page of an organic search.
The metric is calculated based on the following factors:
- The number of displayed keywords in the meta title for the first 100 search results.
- The number of displayed keywords in the meta description for the first 100 search results.
- Authority of domains in search results.
In addition to this metric, you can also determine the competitiveness of the keyword by the average CPC or by the keyword search volume. Higher CPC and higher search volume often indicate how competitive is the search term. You can get this data with Miner Keyword search volume. We recommend to combine all the data and not to look only at one metric.
Why is important to know the competitiveness of the keywords and when to use this information?
- When working on keyword analysis. Keyword analysis is essential input when creating new landing pages or backlinks.
- When creating new landing pages. Based on the competitiveness of the keyword, you can easily decide what priorities you give to each phrase when creating new landing pages. You can focus on creating multiple landing pages for less competitive keywords, or create one quality landing page that will be optimized for a strongly competitive keyword.
- When working on link building. The fact that a keyword is highly competitive does not mean that you do not have to try to get it to the first page. However, it may be a signal that it is more important to work on getting links to a landing page optimized for this keyword.
In general, you can use this metric to prioritize how you will continue to work with a particular keyword and whether you will work with it at all.
Get started by clicking on Create report button and specifying Keywords at the input. Then write or copy the dataset of the keywords for which you want to get SERP competition score.
For a report to be easily identifiable, it is good to name it. Simply click into Your Report Name field.
Then click on the flag to select the country for which you want to get the data and finish by clicking on Next Step.
Selection of the Miner
In the Index Checking section, click on Miner SERP competition. Nothing else needs to be set. Click on Get Data to start processing your inputs.
- Google SERP Competition: Score that represents the competitiveness of the keyword in Google. The higher the number, the more complicated it is to get to the first page of the search results.
- Bing SERP Competition: Score that represents the competitiveness of the keyword in Bing. The higher the number, the more complicated it is to get to the first page of the search results.
At the top of the output report, you can also see a graph which visually shows the share of keyword placement difficulty in organic search.
Depending on your industry and your business goals, you should be able to decide which keywords to prioritize when creating new landing pages and optimizing your site.
In general, it is best to start with keywords with the lowest competition score. But do not forget to look at their search volume as well. Because landing pages optimized for low competitive but zero-search keywords are likely to be useless for you.